Monday, January 7, 2008

Interview with Mel Martinez.



Mel Martinez is a young, singer/guitarist combo thats definitely well worth a listen. He requested me this morning, we got to talking and he agreed to answer my rediculous questions. He mixes acoustics and raw talent vocals into catchy pop songs. The Florida native is definitely a myspace favorite for me and if you live in the area, go see him live.

E-Minor: Where do you draw inspiration for songs from?

Mel:
All my songs are really honest and they all come from things I've deal with in the past. I think singing out what you really wanna say is the best way of expressing your true feelings wether it's about a relationship or things going on in your head.


E-Minor: All the ladies on myspace, proclaiming their love for you: Annoying or flattering?

Mel:
haha it's great! what boy doesn't want that?


E-Minor: How do you decide you want to record a new song?

Mel:
Once I have the full idea of the song and how I want it to sound like I just wait for a night when I feel inspired to start recording.


E-Minor: In a no hold barred battle to the death, would Tony Little or John Basedow be victorious?

Mel:
Tony Little for sure haha he cracks me up.


E-Minor: So you take your guitar every where with you. Where do you find you get the most use out of it other then in your home?

Mel:
Probably in school, in my band class, I go in the soundproof room everyday with it and just come up with new ideas, I also use it plenty of times doing shows.


E-Minor: What should your fans expect from you in the next few months?

Mel:
There's a few new songs I'll be recording very soon, I'm sure they will like them, and a lot of shows!


E-Minor: And where can those who have never heard your music listen to it?

Mel:
visit myspace.com/melmartinezmusic or purevolume.com/melmartinez

No comments: